PTA Meeting and Mindfulness Event
The PTA Meeting is TONIGHT – Tuesday, March 6th at 7 pm in the media center
Featured speaker, Dr. Steve Silvestro, a Washington, DC-area pediatrician and host of The Child Repair Guide Podcast.
With nearly a decade of experience in mindfulness education, Dr. Silvestro has taught medical students, undergraduates, parents, and children how to bring the benefits of mindfulness practice into their lives.
Dr. Silvestro’s presentation will include:
- What mindfulness is
- Different approaches to practicing it as a busy parent
- The scientific basis for the profound benefits mindfulness practice can have
- The real-life benefits of mindfulness on your family
- Why the goal shouldn’t be clearing your head for 30 minutes—and how doing so might lead you to miss the point
- An experiential exercise
- A Q&A session
- Demonstration of simple tools you can use to teach mindfulness skills to your children
Free babysitting and snacks will be provided.