January 24 (Thursday)
STEAM Night: 7:00-8:30pm in the Multipurpose Room
January 26 (Saturday)
Club Beverly Farms (Including Kindergartners!): 6:00-8:00pm at BFES
February 7 (Thursday)
3-5 Variety Show Auditions: 6:30-8:00pm in the Multipurpose Room
February 20th (Wednesday)
K-2 Variety Show Rehearsal: 6:30-8:00pm in the Multipurpose Room
February 24th (Sunday)
K-2 Variety Show: 4:00-6:00pm in the Multipurpose Room
STEAM NIGHT–THURSDAY, JANUARY 24th!
The BFES STEAM (Science Tech Engineering Art Math) Night is coming up this Thursday, January 24th from 7:00-8:30pm and we’d love to have your help at this amazing event! STEAM Night is a fun time for the whole family and it is full of hands-on activities and demos that encourage the kids to explore the world through science! If you’re interested in volunteering to help out with the event, please contact Melissa Loh.
HEARING AND VISION TESTING–PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We are seeking 1-2 parent volunteers who can help out with hearing and vision screenings that will be taking place at BFES on February 20th and 21st. Please contact Kisha Doye or Ann Eversley in the health office if you are able to volunteer.
MLK DAY BASKETBALL CAMP
Calling all performers in K-2nd and 3-5th grades!! The Annual Beverly Farms Variety Shows for K-2 and 3-5th grades are coming soon. The Variety Show is always an exciting time for the BFES children to show off their talents! Please read all of the information below as there are important dates to note for each Variety Show. All auditions will be in the multipurpose room at BFES–see audition dates below for each grade group. Please bring a CD or phone with music to your audition. All appropriate acts are accepted. Your child can perform in 1 solo and 1 group act, however all acts must be under 2 minutes.
- K-2 VARIETY SHOW INFORMATION
- AUDITION DATE: Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 6:30-8:00pm in the multipurpose room.
- REHEARSAL DATE: Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 6:30-8:00pm **Please note that students MUST attend the rehearsal in order to perform in the Variety Show.**
- VARIETY SHOW: Sunday, February 24th, 2019 4:00-6:00pm
- K-2 PERMISSION FORM: Available HERE.
- 3-5 VARIETY SHOW INFORMATION
- AUDITION DATE: Thursday, February 7th, 2019 6.30-8:00pm in the multipurpose room.
- REHEARSAL DATE: Thursday, March 7th, 2019 6.30-8:00pm **Please note that students MUST attend the rehearsal in order to perform in the Variety Show.**
- VARIETY SHOW: Sunday, March 10th, 2019 4:00-6:00pm
- 3-5 PERMISSION FORMS: Available soon.
Attention 5th graders: There will be a 5th grade finale, which is open to all 5th graders (including those participating in the variety show). If your child is interested in participating in the 5th grade finale, please complete the 3-5 Permission Form (when it is available in January) and indicate “5th grade finale”. You will receive an e-mail for the place and time of the rehearsal. 5th grade finale participants DO NOT need to attend variety show auditions!
REGISTER FOR AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Don’t forget to register for after-school activities! There’s coding, art, cooking, yoga, chess, music, dance–something for everyone! Interested in trying out basketball this winter? Skills and Scrimmages offers a skills class that focuses on basketball fundamentals, sportsmanship, teamwork, and most importantly, fun! Check out this great class and all the winter program offerings on the After School Programs page HERE.
CALLING ALL 5th GRADERS FOR THE VARIETY SHOW FINALE
STILL ACCEPTING PARTICIPANTS FOR THE 5TH GRADE FINALE AT THE BEVERLY FARMS VARIETY SHOW ON SUN, MARCH 10!! You do NOT need to have an act in the variety show to be in the 5th Grade Finale. Our first practice is Sunday, February 10th, 5pm at BFES. Please check out the UPDATED FLYER for the rehearsal schedule and more details. Questions? Email Alisa Weinstein
MULTICULTURAL FAIR MOVING TO MAY 19th–VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The Multicultural Fair is a wonderful way for Beverly Farms families to share their cultures. Volunteers create informative displays and may bring food samples, traditional crafts, clothing or other artifacts from their countries. This year’s Fair has been rescheduled to Sunday, May 19th, 4:00-6:00pm! Please check out this FLYER for more details. Volunteers are needed to represent the many cultures that make up our community! If you can host a table, please contact Orit Almagor. Please include your name, country/culture, phone number, and email address.
OPEN PTA OPPORTUNITIES
We could use your help!! Please take a look at the following PTA volunteer opportunities and if you are interested in jumping on board and helping with any of these, please email PTA President Judith Hanono-Yaron. The PTA is seeking volunteers for the following:
- Co-Chair for the K-2 Variety Show (Sunday, February 24th)
- PTA President-Elect. In this role you’ll learn all aspects of the role of PTA President before taking over as President next school year.
- PTA Treasurer-Elect. In this role you’ll learn all aspects of the role before taking over as Treasurer next school year.
- Chair for Kindergarten Orientation to help welcome incoming BFES kindergartners at orientation in the spring
MCPS EDUCATION BUDGET MEETINGS
MCPS will be hosting education budget meetings throughout the county. This is an opportunity to hear how education budget decisions are made, what the county is planning to get ready for Fiscal Year 2020, and opportunities residents have to influence future education budget decisions. Check out this FLYER for more details and meeting dates.